Cécile didn’t share an embryonic sac with any of her four sisters. It was thought possible that she did share a sac with a sixth embryo early in the pregnancy, because in the beginning of the third month, Elzire Dionne had experienced pain and had passed an egg-sized object. This could have been Cécile´s “twin”.

Cécile´s favorite color was blue. It was in this color she would usually dress. She once proudly explained to her sisters that “her” color is in the sky all day long, except when it rains. As a child, she went her own way and often played alone.

In 1952, Cécile, along with her sisters would leave home for the first time to attend school at the convent of the Sisters of the Assumption at Nicolet, Quebec. After Emilie´s death in 1954, Cécile moved to Montreal and entered the Hôpital Notre-Dame de l’Espérance along with Yvonne as a student nurse. She met Philippe Langlois, and was married to him in late 1957 within two years after they had met.

Cécile and her four sisters had always been told that they would never be able to bear children. The fact, they were told, was simple – Quintuplets could not become mothers. This “fact” was proven wrong though, and in September 1958, Cécile gave birth to her first baby. He was named Claude and was a healthy seven-pound-four-ounce boy. In the following years, Cécile had 4 more children. Her second child, born one year after Claude, was named Patrice. The following year, she was blessed with a set of twins – Bertrand and Bruno. A few months later, tragedy struck the Langlois home. One of the twins, Bruno, died from cancer in the kidney. One year later, Cécile gave birth to her fifth and last child – a girl named Elizabeth.

It was not always easy for Philippe to find jobs. And with 4 more mouths to feed, money was sometimes scarce. Cécile felt that on occassion Philippe took his responsibilities as a family man too lightly. Two years after Bruno had died, Cécile and Philippe broke up. Although Cécile, like her sisters, was a devout Catholic, she sought more than a legal separation; she sued for divorce and retained custody of her children. After they separated, Cécile went back to work as a nurse. In the early seventies, she moved from Quebec City to St Bruno to live close to her sisters.

Today, only Cécile and Annette are alive of the quints. They still live together in St Bruno (A suburb of Montreal).